- Manual Of Human And Comparative Histology, Volume 1
- A World Divided: (Darkover Omnibus #5)
- Anatomical Characters of the Seeds of Leguminosae, Chiefly Genera of Gray's Manual (Classic Reprint)
- Season: A Novel Marie Laveau Mystery
- Born of Vengeance: The League: Nemesis Rising
Gabriel ( Hebrew : גַּבְרִיאֵל Gavri'el "God is my strength", Biblical Greek : Γαβριήλ, Gabriel ; Amharic , Geez and Tigrinya : ገብርኤል, Arabic : جبريل or جبرائيل Jibril or Jibra'il ), in the Abrahamic religions , is an archangel who typically serves as God 's messenger.
In the Jewish scriptures , Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel , to explain his visions ( Daniel 8:15–26, 9:21–27). Gabriel the archangel is also a character in other ancient Jewish writings such as the Book of Enoch .
In the Christian New Testament in the Gospel of Luke , the angel Gabriel appears to Zechariah and the Virgin Mary , foretelling the births of John the Baptist and Jesus , respectively ( Luke 1:11–38 ). In many Christian traditions including Anglican, Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic, Gabriel is also referred to as a saint .